McLaren Vale Helicopter Tour Options
1. Scenic flight over McLaren Vale
With the option for pick up from a selection of B&B's and wineries around the McLaren Vale region - see our friends page for details - page for details - this is a lovely experience for two people to see the stunning beauty of the McLaren Vale wine region. The tour will also include a fly out over the Fleurieu Peninsula coastline with views of the colourful cliffs, white sandy beaches and pristine waters of Gulf St Vincent. Option for drop off at a local winery for lunch.
Price: 30 minute flight $240pp
2. Scenic flight with fine dining lunch experience
With the option for pick up from a selection of B&B's and wineries around the McLaren Vale area- see our friends page for details- this is a magical experience for 2 people celebrating a birthday, anniversary or maybe a very special experience to pop the question! You'll see the stunning beauty of the McLaren Vale wine region including a fly out over the Fleurieu Peninsula coastline with views of the beautiful cliffs, beaches and pristine waters around Port Willunga.
You'll be dropped off at Ekhidna Wines where you'll be treated to bubbles on arrival, followed by a 3-course fine dining experience with paired wines for 2 people.
Price: 30 minute scenic flight plus fine dining at Ekhidna Wines $440pp
3. Winery Hopping Tour
With the option for pick up from a selection of B&B's and wineries around the McLaren Vale region - see our friends page for details - this the perfect experience for the serious wine lover. This tour will include an hour of flying time around McLaren Vale and drop into 3 wineries over a 5 hour time slot.
Option to include lunch and meet the wine maker POA.
Price: 5 hour tour with 1 hour flying time $550pp
4. "Below the surface" with Helivista, Fox Creek Wines and Offpiste 4WD Tours
Discover South Australia’s spectacular McLaren Vale wine region as you’ve never seen it before.
Fox Creek Wines, Helivista and Off Piste 4WD Tours invite you to explore "Below the Surface" with a day of exploration and immersion in McLaren Vale’s landscape, food and wine. The McLaren Vale region has earned an international reputation for its picturesque environment, beaches and fine food and wine culture. For all that McLaren Vale is known for, it’s what lies ‘below the surface’ in the region’s diverse soils that have shaped the Vale’s unique character and enabled this reputation to be built. Your tour directly links the story of the Vale and its soils as part of a wondrous tourism experience that will give you an exclusive insight into the region.
Your tour incorporates the following:
- Full day tour hosted by Fox Creek senior winemaker Scott Zrna.
- On the ground tour in a luxury vehicle with Off Piste 4WD to discover McLaren Vale’s ancient geology, diverse soil profiles and the critical importance of both to McLaren Vale’s outstanding reputation for quality wine. Off Piste has exclusive rights to vehicular access of the Onkaparinga (Gorge) River National Park. You will have the opportunity to take in the beauty of the Gorge whilst enjoying a gourmet morning tea featuring regional produce.
- Helicopter tour of the region with Paul from Helivista to pinpoint various vineyard parcels and soil profiles from the air giving participants a unique insight into the diverse terroir where Fox Creek’s wines are made.
- An intimate 3 course lunch at Fox Creek Wines will be hosted by Scott and prepared by private chef Todd Steel. Fox Creek premium wines will be matched to each course.
- Following lunch guests will be transported to the winery where Scott will lead a Barrel Hall Masterclass exploring key vineyard selections for the Fox Creek Reserve Shiraz, Fox Creek’s oak treatment and the way in which the winery’s 30 barrel types are used to complement McLaren Vale’s diverse soil profiles.
- Prior to departure from Fox Creek each guest will receive a bottle of their highly awarded Reserve Shiraz.
- Guests will be picked up and transferred from the City to McLaren Vale and back in a luxury 4WD vehicle.
This tour requires a minimum 4 guests with a maximum of 6 guests
Tour available Monday to Friday
Accommodation not included but can be organised
More information about this tour is available to download in the document below
Quick reference tour price chart